This course explores the complexities and strategies of internal and external communication in public, private, and non-profit organizations. As a leadership tool, communication serves a political, informational, symbolic, and influential function. Organizational theory and research are core components of this course. Specifically, this course equips students to critique and develop the fundamentals of: vision and mission statements, strategic plans, white papers, annual reports, crisis communication, and marketing and promotional communication.
This course will help students to:
- Gain insight into relationship building
- Acquire verbal and written communications tactics
- Develop timely and affordable communication tactics
- To get acquainted with ethical communication principles
- Leverage communication vehicles to convey strategic messages and increase the efficiency of operations.