This course provides students with skills of effective communication. These include Writing and Speaking skills (Productive) and Listening and Reading skills (Receptive). The course aims at enabling students to appropriately and clearly communicate in their daily activities and with others in a professional manner.
The course objectives are to:
- Equip students with effective language skills (Writing, Speaking, Listening and Reading) for different communication situations.
- Improve the communication competencies of students.
- Improve students’ ability to collect and synthesize information.
- Enhance the art of critical thinking when the students communicate in a professional setting and in other settings.
- Provide students with knowledge and skills to utilise the Library and other education resources.