This course examines the theory and research related to the communication of information on environmental, sex, gender, agriculture, risks and hazards and communication campaigns Emphasis will be placed on understanding applying and developing theories of communicating this information.
This course aims at helping a student understand:
1. The roles and activities of communication practitioners
2. Government-media relations
3. Press freedom and controls
4. Communication ethics
5. The impact of global communication
6. The social roles played by popular African cultural forms in contemporary society.